A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the chaga mushroom extract is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is really a compressive set of Chaga mushroom proven health advantages.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound inside the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and control over cancer, according to research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are among the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immune system through the production of immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capacity to differentiate between foreign cells and also the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy of the defense mechanisms in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergies by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot fight against its cells. In the event reducing the chances of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of defense mechanisms hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of an extreme hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the defense mechanisms when needed and minimize it after it is hypersensitive.
3. A powerful antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For instance, Chaga extracts work well against viruses because they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and prevent Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts work well in reducing infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), an important part of fighting bacterial infection. A cup of Chaga tea is crucial in eliminating the bacteria which could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Remember that, low antioxidant levels can cause inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the effects of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles within the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest quantity of antioxidant potency in comparison with some other food. Our prime quantities of antioxidants result from the high quantity of polyphenols in the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, the top quantities of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive outcomes of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the reasons for ulcers is bacteria. Being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that causes ulcers within the digestive system reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts in the mushroom are essential in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder 30 minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration inside the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; an ailment called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it might cause diseases including cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing blood vessels in times of irritation. Such property is important in cases of pain or conditions including neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose level by increasing insulin levels inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of the factors behind insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance leads to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the potential risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decrease that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus reducing the surges in blood sugar, which may otherwise lead to diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure level and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break down the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol in the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. By eliminating bad cholesterol from arteries, as well as eliminating clots from your veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive levels of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, improves the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin is effective.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates producing bile, an essential salt inside the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times per day, 30 minutes before food decbbe important for a healthy digestive tract.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sensation of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones within the body. In the case of stress, our bodies releases stress hormones. The hormones are accountable for the sensation of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of these hormones, balances the functioning in the body, hence enables one to handle stress. As being a popular adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, assist to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It does so by helping the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance of the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the level of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the amounts of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of the individual.